About your practitioner
About your practitioner
BA (Hons) Lic Ac MBAcC
Zita West Affiliated Acupuncturist
Janet began her career as a chartered physiotherapist in the NHS. Following an unsuccessful operation to help with the pain of sciatica, caused by osteoarthritis, a course of Traditional Acupuncture not only improved the pain but also her sleep and general well being.
She was so impressed with the results that she decided to train in this ancient art of healing by studying for a BA (Hons) degree in Traditional Acupuncture and a Licentiate in Acupuncture at the College of Traditional Acupuncture, Warwick, fully accredited by Oxford Brookes University.
Whilst studying for her degree, Janet also trained in Western Medical Acupuncture for pain relief. Janet has a passion for making acupuncture accessible to as many people as possible.
She has followed up her studies with postgraduate work on pain, fertility, care in pregnancy and post partum, auricular acupuncture, facial acupuncture, moxibustion, gua sha, cupping and Korean Hand Therapy. She is constantly updating her skills and learning new techniques. Continual professional development is very important to her.
In 2018 Janet is followed an extended post graduate training course in Japanese Acupuncture. A very gentle technique called 'Toyohari'. This has enabled her to offer even more for people who are worried about feeling the needles during treatment and become a member of the European branch of the Toyohari association and Toyohari UK.
In 2019 she followed this up with a 'Shonishin' course- Japanese Paediatric Acupuncture also led by Stephen Birch PhD, LicAc a very gentle style of acupuncture particularly suitable for children.
Some recent courses have included:
Toyohari Acupuncture and moxibustion
- January 2018- October 2018
- January 2019- Shonishin Japanese children's acupuncture
- Korean Hand Therapy Parts 1, 2 & 3
- Treating cancer with Traditional East Asian Medicine
- Auricular Acupuncture
- Channel Palpation Course
- Pain and 'global balance' techniques
- Master Tung channel theory and bleeding techniques
- Facial revitalisation
- Help with acne scarring
- Acupuncture in pregnancy, labour and post-partum
- Natural and assisted fertility to become a Zita West Affiliated Acupuncturist
- Member of the Zita West Network for Reproductive Health
- All acupuncturist members of the network receive training and ongoing support in Zita West’s comprehensive, holistic approach to achieving optimum reproductive health. This covers a wide range of treatments and approaches to help boost fertility, enhance IVF, improve pregnancy, enhance birth outcomes and support post-natal recovery
The Benefits of Choosing a Zita West Affiliated Acupuncturist
- Wide-ranging Medical and Complementary Health Experience
By choosing a Zita West affiliated acupuncturist clients not only get the benefit of their practitioner's individual expertise but, through them, the training and support of Zita and her colleagues too. The Zita West Clinic works with thousands of women and men each year, helping them to boost their chances of conceiving successfully (both naturally and through IVF) and helping those who are already pregnant to have the best pregnancy possible and the brightest and healthiest of babies. This provides an unrivalled breadth and depth of knowledge to be shared with members of the network and their clients.
- Exclusive Discounts on Zita West Clinic Services
Choosing a Zita West affiliated practitioner also provides clients with unique access to a range of Zita West clinical services – some of which are available by ‘phone as well as in person - all at special discounted prices.
- Special Discounts on the Zita West Range of Nutritional Products
Clients of member practitioners are entitled to further discounts on Zita’s best-selling range of premium nutritional supplements for fertility, pregnancy and breast-feeding too (20% off RRP ex p&p). Similar discounts are available on her range of books, CDs, cosmetic products and gift-sets as well.
- FREE Fact Sheets to Help Boost Your Fertility and Pep up Your Pregnancy