About your practitioner
BA (Hons) Lic Ac MBAcC
Zita West Affiliated Acupuncturist
Janet began her career as a chartered physiotherapist in the NHS. Following
an unsuccessful operation to help with the pain of sciatica, caused by
osteoarthritis, a course of Traditional Acupuncture not only
improved the pain but also her sleep and general well being.
She was so impressed with the results that she decided to train in this ancient art of healing by taking a BA (Hons) degree in Traditional Acupuncture and a Licentiate
in Acupuncture at the College of Traditional Acupuncture, Warwick,
fully accredited by Oxford Brookes University.
Whilst studying for her degree, Janet also trained in Western Medical Acupuncture for pain relief. Janet has a passion for making acupuncture accessible to as many people as possible.
She has followed up her studies with postgraduate work on pain, fertility, care in pregnancy and post partum, auricular acupuncture, facial acupuncture, moxibustion, gua sha, cupping and Korean Hand Therapy. She is constantly updating her skills and learning new techniques. Continual professional development is very important to her.
At present Janet is following an extended post graduate training course in Japanese Acupuncture. A very gentle technique called 'Toyohari'. This will enable her to offer even more for people who are worried about feeling the needles during treatment.
Some recent courses have included:
- Korean Hand Therapy Parts 1, 2 & 3
- Treating cancer with Traditional East Asian Medicine
- Auricular Acupuncture
- Pain and 'global balance' techniques
- Master Tung channel theory and bleeding techniques
- Facial revitalisation
- Help with acne scarring
- To become a member of the Acupuncture Fertility Network
- IVF and postnatal support
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Endometriosis and PCOS
- Fertility and Assisted fertility - male and female
- Acupuncture in pregnancy, labour and post-partum
- Natural and assisted fertility to become a Zita West Affiliated Acupuncturist
- Member of the Zita West Network for Reproductive Health
- All acupuncturist members of the network receive training and ongoing support in Zita West’s comprehensive, holistic approach to achieving optimum reproductive health. This covers a wide range of treatments and approaches to help boost fertility, enhance IVF, improve pregnancy, enhance birth outcomes and support post-natal recovery.
Medical and Complementary Health Experience
By choosing a Zita
West affiliated acupuncturist clients not only get the
benefit of their practitioner's individual expertise but, through them,
the training and support of Zita and her colleagues too. The Zita
West Clinic works with thousands of women and men each
year, helping them to boost their chances of conceiving successfully (both
naturally and through IVF) and helping those who are already pregnant to
have the best pregnancy possible and the brightest and healthiest of
babies. This provides an unrivalled breadth and depth of knowledge to be
shared with members of the network and their clients.
Discounts on Zita
West Clinic Services
Choosing a Zita
West affiliated practitioner also provides clients with
unique access to a range of Zita
West clinical services – some of which are available by
‘phone as well as in person - all at special discounted prices.
Discounts on the Zita
West Range of
Clients of member practitioners are entitled to further discounts on
Zita’s best-selling range of premium nutritional supplements
for fertility, pregnancy and breast-feeding too (20% off RRP ex p&p).
Similar discounts are available on her range of books,
CDs, cosmetic products and gift-sets as well.
Fact Sheets to Help Boost Your Fertility and Pep up Your Pregnancy
As a member of the British Acupuncture Council Janet complies with current UK health and safety legislation and the BAcC’s Codes of Safe Practice and Codes of Professional Conduct.